She did it...

I am so proud of Krista!  Today she finished her first Full Marathon 26.2 miles! 

She has taken 3 weeks totally off of running due to an IT Band injury. 

Today started out great at 7am!  We started out running with another lady from momsinmotion!  We stayed with her till about mile 6 then Krista's IT Band (knee) started tightening up and we had to slow down so Rebecca went on without us!

At mile 7 we ran into Kerri's house (another one of my moms who is a P.T.) and she massaged it for Krista and gave us more BioFreeze!  We were there for about 15 min.!

After that it went down hill for her knee.  She did pretty much the whole race with a straight leg!  At mile 16 she pretty much wanted to be done!  But she kept pushing through to the end! 

She had great support during the whole course!:) 

We crossed the finish line a little after 2pm (right when they were tearing down the race)! 

I can't wait to get all the pictures from today!   There are a lot on my phone (I was journaling the whole race by pictures- they are so awesome), some on Krista's phone, my mom did some video, and Emily has some pics!  That blog is going to be awesome!

Krista's 4 months are up but she is still continuing on her weight loss and healthy lifestyle change!  I am so proud of everything she has accomplished!

WAY TO GO KRISTA!!!

In Health,

Tonya

posted under |

2 comments:

becca said...

Woohoo, Krista! I enjoyed running with you all! I'm excited to get to run another race with you all! Anyone for the Turkey Trot?

Mommy Movement Fitness said...

Hey - it was great to run with you as well. You did so good......Yay!!! I definitely plan on doing the Turkey Trot. We'll all have to plan on running together - Take Care!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Mommy Movement Fitness

Mommy Movement Fitness
Krista's training provided by Mommy Movement Fitness!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Profile Pics

Videos

The First Workout With Tonya

The Journey

"When are you due?" This is a question I've been asked too many times....and I'm NOT Pregnant. I don't like the way I look, the way I feel and I'm going to do something different for myself, for my family, for my daughter who watches and looks up to me. -Krista Hunt



Many women across the country are stuck in an unhealthy rut that they would love to change. In today's society, with the pressures of work, family and juggling everyday life, a person's health becomes last on their "checklist," leading them down a path of unhealthy living. Local business owner, Krista Hunt will take a four month journey with local fitness trainer, Tonya Wells to help transform her chaotic life, inside and out. Her goal is to lose 45 lbs. and run/walk a full marathon on 10.10.10 (Prairie Fire Marathon). In weekly training sessions, Tonya will push Krista outside her comfort zone, getting to the root of the issues in her life which affected her health and happiness. The introduction of new exercises and eating habits will help give Krista the tools for an emotionally and physically healthier lifestyle.

    Facebook

    Followers


Recent Comments